Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Silhouettes

Last year I wanted the Martha Stewart witch silhouette, but of course Michaels was sold out as well as her online store. As I started thinking about it, I realized that I probably could cut my own out of black cardstock. So I pulled up the image on Martha’s site to follow and cut away. I was excited about how she turned out. I was even more excited when I realized that mine was actually LARGER than the store’s version.

Yesterday I was getting out a few more decorations to put up and found my witch. I thought that it would be fun to add another one to the window this year. I went to my artist Jacob with a request and reimbursement for his time. I was thrilled at what he made. I find him quite amazing because he pulled his idea out of his head whereas I had to follow someone else’s image. Here is our dining room’s window scene. It is fun because it’s right by our witch’s shelf.

Witch

Then this afternoon Ashley and I did a little bat project with her hands to add to our decor. She kinda got carried away with the glue. I’m thinking that it would be fun to do something about hands tonight for FHE and have everyone’s hands made into bats on our door.

Witch2

I’m also thinking of leaving all of this Halloween decor up for the year. It’s just too fun!!!

4 comments:

Dana said...

So, I have been watching your blog for a few months (I found it linked to another blog) and I have to tell you that I love all of the fun things you do with your family! I am inspired :)
I love the window witches. Too cute.
I think I might just borrow your great idea!

Unknown said...

You are sweet Dana! If you lived near, you could just come and trace my witches.

Trinette McCrary said...

Super cute, you should get the best mom award! The Wild Rice and Chicken Soup is sooo Yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

Dana said...

Thank you Shauna. That was very nice of you to offer! I actually live in Arizona though.
I did use your ideas (more than one!) and it has been very fun. I posted some pictures on my blog if you are interested in seeing what works of art you have inspired in my home :)
blow-kisses.blogspot.com
Thanks again!