Friday, June 19, 2009

Stephen’s Birthday

Steve's Birthday
Today is my Stephen’s birthday.  I had a fun weekend up in Denver all planned, but all plans went out the window when I found out that my parents were going to be in Utah this weekend.  Soooo we will have to replan that, but I did manage to do something a little lower key here.  I hope he had a happy day.  The kids and I were gone during the day at a playdate with friends over at Blackforest park, so I think that he did have some peace and quiet here at the house for part of the day.
There are so many reasons why I love my Stephen.  One of the top ones is how he is always thinking of others and helping others (especially ME)!  He is so easy going as well, which creates such a peaceful atmosphere here at home.  He is a wonderful provider for our family.  He is so willing to help around the house and help me in the kitchen.  He is always so supportive in all that I do.  He is the perfect husband and father and that is why we love you so much Stephen!!!
I let the kids help in his present this year.  It is always a giant task to buy Stephen a present because he is so practical and doesn’t want to spend money.  This year I bought him some new dress clothes.  All the kids helped me stuff them with newspaper.  The boys tied one of the new ties around the neck of the shirt.  Jacob drew a cute face on a white helium balloon.  We filled the pants pockets with all his favorite candy bars.  The two little girls stuffed one of the pairs of new socks with paper.  The one request he did have was new guitar software.  It hadn’t come yet so I had Jacob draw a guitar and the two older girls colored and cut it out, so that he would know that it was on its way.  We set our balloon “Stephen” up in the chair ready to greet Stephen in the morning on his birthday.  The kids were so excited to do this!  Jerrica kept cocking her head to the side and talking to our balloon man.  Anyway, here he is without further adieu-
Steve's Birthday2
Happy Birthday Stever!  I sure do love you!!!

3 comments:

T.Irwin said...

So funny! I love the balloon man!

Becki Madsen said...

Shauna,
What an amazing picture of you and Stephen! You guys are such a cute couple! Hope he had a great birthday!

Teresa said...

You never cease to amaze me Shauna Rae! What a totally cute idea:)