Monday, June 29, 2009

Blisters and Backaches

I have been dying to work more on our backyard.  So after our hike we all got to work.  We pulled weeds and leveled the ground until all of our backs had spasms.

Grass12

Then we let our blisters heal over Sunday.  However, on Monday we were back at it.  Pioneer Sand came and dropped off some of their Planter’s Mix Soil.  We then shoveled and spread all of that until we got more blisters.

Grass

OK some of us might not have gotten any blisters, but they sure got dirty!

Grass2

Then we spread on the grub killer pellets, the fertilizer, the grass seed (yes I did say seed and not sod, remember I’m married to Mr. Frugal), and then these fun little pellets that expand with water to help keep the seed wet and in place.  After we finished it looked beautiful.  The dark soil all spread so evenly, AND THEN the dog raced through it, the girls “forgot” and walked on it, and I about lost it!  I looked at Stephen and told him with our luck, it probably won’t even rain anymore!

I hope it grows.  We sure worked hard on it.

1 comment:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I'm excited to see your yard when you are all done!! I love how you landscape!