Sunday, June 7, 2009

I’m Jealous!

June 2009 197

June 2009 211

I’m jealous of my mom’s yard and garden.  Her poppies and bleeding hearts were gorgeous.  I’ve always been partial to bleeding hearts because I think they look like little red-headed girls. 

June 2009 206

She planted her garden AFTER me and hers is already bigger than mine!

June 2009 200

June 2009 204

Besides her garden, she has THREE greenhouses.  Dad just finished this last one with scraps from here and there.  It has his old RV windows to help ventilate.  A screen door on each end, Jori is my lovely model showing the back door.  Dad had gotten these wood arches from someone for firewood and then had the idea to use them to make a greenhouse.  So basically all they had to do buy is the plastic.

June 2009 203 Mom had gotten this old table free and painted it.  She also had gotten these huge cookie sheets from Duncan Doughnuts going out of business auction.  They are like twice the size of a cookie sheet.  She keeps a Miracle Grow water bucket there to be warming for little drinks for her plants.

June 2009 202

I loved this last idea that she has inside this new greenhouse.  It’s a little bench that Dad can sit on to visit with her as she is working in her garden.  The beauty of it is that the seat lifts up to store things in AND she stores potting soil inside of it.  No messy bags or piles of good soil, just a cute little bench.

Now that you see all of the gardens and greenhouses, I’m sure you can understand why I’m soooo jealous.  Dad can’t you come build me a greenhouse?  Mom can’t you find me little treasures to help in my gardening?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Shauna, when I called Elaine to tell her Happy Birthday,she told me Miriam's blog is "alittlebackwards.blogspot.com"
It was fun to see & hear about her family. She crochets/knits beautifully. Elaine says she reads your blog (Lydia told her of it)

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i have garden envy too! there's a yard nearby that planted after i did and it's gorgeous and full! what am i doing wrong? i love the greenhouses...we're on our countdown to our own place where hopefully we can do the same thing! thanks for all the good ideas grandma charla!