Saturday, June 27, 2009

Family Photo Shoot

A sweet friend called me the other day and asked if she could do a photo shoot of my family.  I have seen her incredible photography skills in her blog and thought how can I be this lucky.  Take a look for yourself at how good she is www.sophistimom.com. Well, of course I immediately agreed much to my husband’s chagrin (he doesn’t care much for family pictures)

She came over Thursday morning and we headed a mile up the road into Blackforest with the trees and wildflowers.  And here are a few from the shoot -

Jerrica

thompsons-1

What do you think of the colors?  I have a tendency to be a little tooo matchy.  The girls have similar dresses and I tried to pull colors from them for the boys and my shirt, instead of all of us in the exact same attire.

thompsons-3

thompsons-5

The next one is of my little witch that found a brightly colored mushroom in the forest.  I didn’t say “witch” did I?!?

thompsons-00

Some horse riders came thru and of course the girls had to see them and find out what their names were.

thompsons-14

Stephen didn’t even realize that Jaime got this next one.  Since he works from home, Jerrica is quite attached to her daddy and is always wanting to be in his arms. 

thompsons-10

thompsons-7

And last but not least is my favorite.  It’s a Daddy and his Daughters picture.  Little Jerrica is trying to hide her daddy’s grey hair.

thompsons-12

So tell me what you think of the little photo shoot.

8 comments:

lanisue said...

They are really nice. One day I need to do this:)

Becki Madsen said...

They are all so cute, my favorite is the one of Stephen and the girls...so cute!

Mom said...

I want copies of all of these!!!
What a beautiful family...even if I do say so myself.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

It was fun to see Nathan smiling! I loved the pictures!

Jennie Blaser said...

They turned out great -- what a beautiful place! I think the colors are perfect for the green background. Good looking family!

Miriam said...

I love these pictures!!
Have I told you how jealous I am that you have red-headed children? I am now just hoping for red-headed grandchildren. Do you think I could be so lucky? And to think that I hated my red hair as a child.

Berly said...

I think they look great. I am like you and have a tendency to be to matchy or overanalyze, but your pics turned out FANTASTIC!!!

T.Irwin said...

I love the pictures!

Your friend did a fantastic job watching for lighting and shadows. wonderful!

And you picked out good colors...they are bright and summery. Nice!