Monday, June 22, 2009

Pirates Cove

It is FINALLY getting warm and the rain is staying away.  A few nights ago we went to the Berryman’s for a swim and BBQ.  They have such a beautiful in ground pool.  I was too busy chatting and forgot to take pictures, however we are going back for more swimming this summer and I will get some then.  The same thing happened today.  I got to Pirates Cove first and took pictures of the kiddos (you can tell we were there early because no one is in the backgrounds), and then as others arrived I just got too busy talking and hardly took any other pictures.

Anyway, this Baywatch Babe, Angie thought that since the weather was going to be in the 90’s that we should go up to Pirates Cove.  So a few of us made the trek up to Littleton.  Most of these ladies have younger kids so I let the boys invite the Webb brothers to be their playmates.

The boys had a ball on the waterslides and the drop slides down in the deep pool.

Pirates Cove

Pirates Cove4

Since the boys each had a friend, I had Kaylee and Rebecca partner up with each other and then told Ashley that she was partners with me.  She was excited, but probably felt she got the short end of the stick.  I did try to keep up with her!  She kept telling me today, “mom we are friends and buddies today”  I thought that was cute.  I hope she keeps telling me that when she is a teenager.  We did lots of rides on the lazy river together, played shark in the shallow pool and played in the sand.  She is fearless and just takes off here and there.

Pirates Cove3  The girls would get sooo excited for the pirate’s bucket to ring and then dump the water on top of them.  You can see the giant bucket up above the girls by the palm tree in this next picture.

Pirates Cove2

Then here is my favorite part, the lazy river.  Maybe it’s my favorite because I’m lazy!

Pirates Cove7 Above is Spencer and Jacob and then my two little twins below in their twin suits.

Pirates Cove5 And then Boyd and Nathan.

Pirates Cove9

What a beautifully warm day!

2 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

don't you just love those pools? it gives such a variety for all of us with different aged kids! i'm a big fan of the lazy river too! though my sweet husband keeps telling me that we're not allowed to call ourselves lazy! :)

Mom said...

You guys are having way too much fun this summer! The kids really won't want to go back to school in the fall.