Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Words

Some people know how to express themselves eloquently.  They just have a natural way with words.  My Ash is one of these people.  She can just twist and work her words into such a way that after a while I realize that she is working ME!

coat2 

A while back I told all the kids to come down to the laundry room to take their piles up to put away.  Ashley proceeded to start bossing Jerrica into bringing HER clothes up.  She was quite adamant about it, and Nathan broke into their conversation to let her know that she was being mean to Jerrica. 

Ashley quickly replied, “Nathan, I’m just trying to give Jerrica a chance to do some service.  I’m letting her do her good deed for the day.”  I came upstairs to hear the conversation and see Nathan give me the look.  I was just amazed at how she could turn it around to put her in the positive light, while making Jerrica do her laundry.

Of course later in the day I had to use her line when I needed a job done, “Oh Ash, I’m just trying to give you a chance to serve…”  I’ve got to just give it right back to her!

I think Stephen and I are in for it when she’s a teenager.  We will be old and won’t be able to think as clear and fast.  She on the other hand, will be even faster with those words of hers!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Well, at least you won't be bored when she's a teen! (and BTW you won't be old until after they start making you a great-grandmother)

[Stacia] said...

Hahaha!