Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Reflectors

I have been following Karen Russell’s photography blog for a couple of years now.  She nails lifestyle photography, and those little glimpses into memories.

I have wanted to take her class, since I started following her, BUT with six kids I can never justify spending the money on her class.  Someday I will, and it will probably be the year that she quits teaching.  :(

ANYWAY, this afternoon I was checking out her latest posts.  She documented the cutest series of photos from a football game.  THEN she shared a lesson on reflectors.  I was excited to take a peek into her teaching.  Of course after reading the lesson, I had to try it.  Actually, I kept seeing moments when natural reflectors were highlighting sweet little faces.

Jerrica had my big bedroom window behind her that was shining on her book, illuminating her face and even creating catch lights in her eyes.

Fly went By

Then for some reason all of the kids practice the piano at night with the light off, and only the piano light on top turned on.  The piano light shines straight down illuminating the music books.  As I went in to help Rebecca, once again I noticed the light shining from the music on to her face.  A REFLECTOR…

Piano

Anyway, head over to Karen’s site and read about reflectors.  It will have you look at light in a different way - Natural Reflectors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 5 kids and your blog gave me some great ideas, So thank you a bunch

Juf said...

Thanks for sharing that link. I just went over there to check it out, and I love how something so simple can make such a big difference!