Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dollar Days

We have Dollar Days around here.  They started a couple of years ago.  They are just random days that I pick to reward a dollar.  Some weeks there may be two dollar days, but usually it’s once a week.

How do you get the dollar?  You make your bed and pick up your room in the morning.  Sometimes I reward when everyone has done it, but usually it’s when there are only one or two kids that have done it.   Yes, it’s only a random dollar, but with 52 weeks in a year, that is a possibility of $52 extra dollars.

I smiled today as the kids asked on the way home from school if today was a Dollar Day.  As I responded in the affirmative, the big girls cried with dismay as Nathan reveled in joy.  He is actually my one that always has his room done and is quick to cash in. 

Ashley was trying to get her doll Izzy, in on the action with her bed.  I told her that she will have to reward her own doll since SHE is the mother.

Dollar Days

It’s really a chore they should do anyway.  They are the ones that slept in their bed, and they are the ones that need to learn cleanliness.  However, random bonuses are always a bonus! :)

No comments: