Friday, January 4, 2013

Cake Boss

We have been on a Cake Boss marathon.

The big girls were in awe of his masterpieces, and were determined to make one of their own.  I didn’t want to get into it, and kept blowing them off.  Then they reminded me that the boys got to go see the “Hobbit” and it was their turn to do something fun.  In my head I thought they are old enough to bake and do it by themselves and I let them at it.

They chose what kind of cake mix to bake.  They made out plans filled with their ideas.  I stayed out of it, until they started doing the fondant, that’s when I was drug into “their” bakery.  If I could have sent them to Carlo’s Bakery to make their cakes, I would have done it in a heartbeat because of all the mess and time it took.

Cake Boss2

Rebecca did a beach cake because she is still in love with the memories of when we stayed in the little beach house.  Kaylee wanted to do a cake with chocolate trees that she drizzled on wax paper.  As soon as she saw my leaf sprinkles in my sprinkles collection, she decided on a Fall scene.

Cake Boss3 

They spent the day working on their cakes, and then the rest of the day cleaning up the kitchen. The cakes didn’t turn out like Buddy’s cakes, nor were they made with all the fancy gadgets that the Cake Boss has.  BUT they were made with a sister in a kitchen filled with laughter and memories that won’t be forgotten.  My only regret is that I didn’t videotape them to make their own little cake episode.

Cake Boss6 Cake Boss7

2 comments:

Juf said...

They did an awesome job!

Kathy said...

Lovely cakes! My daughters would love to do that too.

I have been following you for awhile but am bad about leaving comments - but I had one question - would you ever consider doing a post about how you fix your daughter's hair? They always have the cutest hairdos and I'm in need of some ideas. Just wondering ...

thanks, Kathy =)