Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bookmark Collection

“Mom, I have a huge collection of bookmarks.”  After hearing this come from Rebecca, I assumed she probably did since she is always reading.  Then she asks if I will come up and take a picture of her collection.  When I get to her room, I’m floored at how many she really does have…

Bookmarks

She is definitely one of my readers!  Last weekend, Stephen and I took her out to Olive Garden (her choice), because she had just finished reading the Book of Mormon for the THIRD time.  I love those kind of dates with the kids.  They feel they have accomplished something, which they have, and now they get our undivided attention on a date night.

The night we took a picture of the bookmarks, Rebecca was determined to make a new one for her BFF at school.  We ended up making pom pom ones using these instructions from Design Mom -

 Pom Pom Bookmark

DIY pom pom bookmark

All of the girls had to join in because there was a project at hand.  We had quite the little yarn fluff mess going on. 

Of course we had to lay the pom pom bookmark down amidst the others and take ANOTHER picture of the bookmark collection.

1 comment:

butterfly wishes wonderland dreams said...

my girls are readers also but seem to have problems keeping track of those bookmarks. my guess is a lot of school kids and library kids get some cool bookmarks when they check out books they have had.

love her collection and going to get the stuff to make those pom pom bookmarks.