Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weekend Update

Stephen and I had a Red Robin/Red Box date.  We ended up getting this movie, which I thought was so good.  I love sports, small town setting, and a good message.

Touchback

The kids had birthday parties, basketball and futsol games, and a swim meet.  Jacob ROCKED his 100 meter freestyle.  I love watching him swim.  He had a party Friday night that ended at 11pm.  I didn’t want to go pick him up that late, nor did I want Stephen to leave me to pick him up.  We ended up going together to get him.  As he started talking and telling us about the night, I thought to myself how I would have heard none of this, if I didn’t have to pick him up.  I actually am grateful that I still have to chauffer him.  These are my last little bits of time with him.

The big girls are playing on a YMCA 5th and 6th grade team together.  I’m still wondering if this is going to work.  It is actually Rebecca’s team and Kaylee is coming in stealing all of the attention.  She is just so athletic.  Kaylee’s competitive basketball team is playing in a tournament in Chicago, and I’m realizing that I need to scale back a bit.  This Y team seemed like the perfect fit, two girls with the same practice and same game times.  The girls will eventually play ball together in high school so I figured this was good practice.

Bball girls

We had a Friend Friday since they had a half day.  Rebecca and Neely built all kinds of forts around the house.  Lizzie and Kaylee were crafting it up in the craftroom.

Fort

Ash walked around moping that we didn’t go to the school sock hop because she had already promised Ethan that she would be his first dance.  That girl is a tough one!  She pepped right up the next day by being able to do a zip line at Gabby’s birthday party.

AND Nathan spent the weekend teasing and tormenting all his sisters and their friends.  I was really hoping that Kaylee would beat him in this arm wrestle!  He just can’t keep his mouth shut sometimes, which gets him in trouble.

Arm Wrestle

I guess that sums up last weekend.  Time just keeps on flying!

No comments: