Monday, January 7, 2013

Tea Set Gift

Another one of my favorite gifts that I gave Ashley was this tea set.

Tea3

Ashley LOVES to have tea parties.  They aren’t your ordinary tea parties either.  She makes place cards, picks out the perfect cookies and punch, has fresh bouquets of flowers in the summer, and ALWAYS makes sure that there is entertainment.  In the past we have sipped out of little plastic tea cups.  This year I decided I wanted to give her a little collection of different tea cups and saucers for these parties.

Tea5

I’m always in the thrift shops trying to come up with costumes for my kids’ special days at school, SO each time I would go, I would browse the dishes.  By the end of the year I had picked up 10 different tea cups, all different in design.  I think I spent around a dollar or two for each set.

Tea2I put all the tea cups and saucers in this vintage suitcase that lifts from the top, AND I slipped in a beautiful vintage tablecloth.  It really turned out cute.  Ash LOVED it of course!  I kind of wanted to keep it for myself though! :)

This blue teacup set below actually matches one of my mom’s sets.  I knew it looked familiar when I saw it, and was excited after mom confirmed that it was just like hers.

tea4

Ashley had a friend over today, and of course had one of her tea parties.  I think this girl may be the hostess for MANY a party as she grows older. 

 Tea6

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun idea!!! I would have loved this when I was little. Great idea.

Deanna Ronco said...

Shauna, just came across your blog through Pinterest (looking up a BofM reading chart). What a treat! You have such cute ideas, and I'm definitely going to do the goal collages with my kids! Thanks!
(PS - I LOVE Ashley's tea party set!)

T.Irwin said...

I love it!!! I used to love, I mean L-O-V-E having tea parties with punch or hot chocolate (depending on the weather) with my friends.

My great grandma gave me and my sister a tea set for Christmas one year and we adored that set. We still talk about the tea parties we had and how much fun it brought us.

What a magnificent idea! I love the way you put it together. It seems so old fashioned and delicate and reminds me of a grandmother's tea party set. Just brilliant!