Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Gifts

Ash wanted an American Girl doll bed.  Stephen sharpened his woodworking skills and I my sewing skills.  It turned out really cute and I wish this picture showed it better.  I should do a post on the homemade gifts we put together and did for the kids.

Christmas2

The kids draw names to give to each other.  Some years the gifts are homemade and other years we just buy.  This year Kaylee spent a lot of money on headphones for Nathan.  He was surprised and she has been so excited for him to open her present. 

Headphones4 Christmas4Christmas6Christmas8 Christmas9Christmas11 Jerrica has been reading like crazy and I surprised her with a new pack of books.  She was thrilled which made me happy!   I also surprised her with an animal blanket that is super soft.  ALL of the other kids have different animal print blankets like this, but she had her little baby blanket, so I hadn’t ever bought her one.  Now she officially thinks she is big like the other kids with her giraffe blanket.

Christmas12 I had found a vintage Fisher Price castle that a friend of mine had when I was young.  I thought it was the perfect size for the little girls Polly Pockets with all of the clever trap doors and stairway.  Little Kinsley thought it was pretty cool as well!

Christmas13 Kristy made super hero capes for Thomas and Ben.  It made me want little boys again!

Christmas14Book Camera Camera2

Aunt Lael had our name on the Thompson side.  One of the gifts she sent was a cast iron tortilla pan.  When we stayed with her she would fry up quesadillas with pepper jack cheese.  She couldn’t make them fast enough.  My kids were thrilled to get “the” pan.  :)

Video games, board games, card games … I need to do a post on just the games.  We love games and were gifted some really fun ones!

It was a good year as far as entertaining gifts.  The kids were making projects, crafts, watching movies, doing legos, puppet shows, remote control vehicles … there was just plenty to do!

1 comment:

Doug and Bethany said...

That little doll bed and quilt is adorable! Hope you all had a merry Christmas!