Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Random

I’m in the mood tonight to do a random post!

Thanks for all the comments and emails in regards to Kaylee’s room.  I’m finishing it up and will show you the final product soon.  :)

Some have asked where I am on Pinterest.  Here is a LINK to my page.  I would love to have you follow me.

Pinterest Picture

My books came in!  I always get so excited, track, wait, and watch for them to get here.  LOVE how they turned out!  Each of the kids books are all of their pictures from 2012.  This year I put in some of their pictures off of their i pods and cell phones.

I give the kids their picture books on Valentine’s Day.  It has turned into a tradition.  Then the family blog book I leave out in the living room for all to reminisce.   I will share photos of the layouts in the books after the kids see them.  Here is a sneak peak of the covers and backs to their books.

 Photo BooksPhoto Books

I bought ten of these white felt hearts at Target in their after Christmas clearance.  I then found some more red felt hearts at JoAnn’s.  Jerrica helped me string them on a ribbon for a little banner on our mantel.  We need to get a longer ribbon and string more.

 Valentine Mantle

I also decorated our holiday shelf in the dining room for Valentine’s Day.  It is filled with pictures of Stephen and I.  I really didn’t think anything of it as I was decorating, but then we had the missionaries over for dinner.  As I sat there eating and heard them comment on the shelves, I looked up and beheld quite a shrine of Stephen and I.  I do love him though, and this IS the month of LOVE!

Another Target find were these dollar section clothes pins.  I thought they would be cute holding up a banner, but then when I got home I decided they would be cute as magnets to hold pictures and notes.  So once again, Jerrica helped me stick little magnets on the back of them.

Clips

We ALSO found at Target these fun heart marshmallows.  Once again Jerrica helped me with these.  We enjoyed a nice afternoon hot chocolate together!

MArshmallow

Doors are heart attacked, (I even did Stephen’s door this year :) mailboxes are set out, chocolate is bought, Valentine pictures are hung and the holiday shelf is decked out.  We are READY for Valentine’s Day!

9 comments:

tren said...

Is there any text in the kids' books, or are they strictly picture books?

Unknown said...

The first page is a summary of hobbies and special events or milestones of the year and then the rest is all pictures with no text at all.

Lori said...

How do you narrow down your pictures?? I have such a hard time keeping it to an amount that I can fit in a 30 page book. I really love this idea, but I get so overwhelmed trying to narrow down pictures and wanting to use all 500 pics from the year that I just give up and do nothing!!

Annie Reed said...

I want to see the shrine!

Annie Reed said...

I want to see the shrine!

Julie said...

Your books are such an amazing way to capture the last year. They are going to treasure those forever.

Anderson's said...

i found your blog through a friends and love to see all your good ideas! i am trying to do better with pictures so i decided to give each kid for their birthday a book like yours. what website do you do your books on? i did my first one on shutterfly and i was just wondering if there was another site you liked.

Km said...

You are awesomely amazingly fantastically wonderful!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! I love your idea of turning a photo album into a book. Just curious to know which site you used to print your books! So creative!