Tuesday, May 22, 2012

the Nest

The Nest90

I was out in the yard working with Jerrica there by my side.  We have a nest in our front pine tree, and I noticed the momma bird fly off her nest.  I thought it would be the perfect moment to lift Jerra up to peek in the nest at the baby birds.  I “was trying” to be a cute mom with Jerrica in taking time out to show her the nest.

Well, the nest was up high in the tree.  I had to lift her and balance on my toes.  Needless to say, I lost my balance and Jerrica fell into the needles of the tree.  It turned into a moment of “I don’t EVER want to look in a nest EVER again, mom!”  She got hurt and I felt awful.

We came inside and she had to have an “Injury Ball”.  That’s what she has been calling these “Energy Balls” we have been making.

I think I better stick with showing her wildflowers, instead of nests in pine trees.  :)

Flowers

2 comments:

Juf said...

Injury ball...haha! That's the perfect solution when you've just injured yourself on pine needles!

Juf said...

Injury ball...haha! That's the perfect solution when you've just injured yourself on pine needles!