Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ashley’s Testimony

A few of my kids shared their testimonies on Sunday.  I sat there thinking of Ashley a couple of months before.  I was mad that I never posted it to remember.

She came up to me towards the end of the meeting and said, “Mom, every family has had someone from their family share their testimony except for ours.  You need to go do it for us.”  Me being the loser mom, said that I wasn’t going to.  She then looked me in the eye and said, “Then I will go up there and do it for our family”.   Without skipping a beat, turned on her heel, and marched up to the pulpit.  It was her first testimony to share in Sacrament Meeting.  She didn’t even seem nervous……

“I’m Ashley Thompson for those of you who don’t know me and want to know me.  I have felt good inside during prayers and family home evening.  I know it is the Spirit that makes me feel good.  I am thankful for that feeling.”

That was it!  Short and Oh so Sweet!

No comments: