Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thompson Memorizing Book

Memorization Book

I found a fun picture for the cover of our “Memorization Book”. I had this idea back here http://mymixofsix.blogspot.com/2009/04/memorizing.html . It has been fun for our family to memorize together. I loved all of your ideas. I put them into the back section of the book that is “Things to Memorize” and then I have a front section of the “Things we HAVE memorized” Please send me any more ideas, quotes or poems to add to my book. Here is what we are working on right now:

Memorization Book2

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Shauna,

I LOVE this book! You are very clever.

Love,
Kris

Becki Madsen said...

So how can I get a copy of all the fun quotes you have in your book? I would love them! So creative and fun!

T.Irwin said...

One of the poems I memorized on my mission was this (from an old Ensign sitting in the bottom of a box in a closet in one of the homes I lived in):
Stick to your task 'til it sticks to you.
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place and praise
Will come in time to the one who stays.

Stick to your task 'til it sticks to you
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile,
Will come life's victories, after awhile.

I still love it - it's a theme of sorts in my life.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Hi, I just followed your link to your blog and am looking for the recipe but I came across this post and I LOVE this idea. Especially since I have one daughter in particular who tends to think negatively so I love the idea of filling her head with great quotes/ sayings. I may have to do a post on this, do you mind? I will link back to your blog if I do.
Thanks for the great idea.