Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wild Week

Our Ward split today.  My best friend from the Ward is now NOT in my Ward.  (Angie and I did agree that we would still be friends though!)  My handsome hubby was called as the Bishop’s Executive Secretary.

Stever

He is going to be awesome.  He is always so willing to serve and help out where he can.  I’m just excited because I think I might be getting a little break from YW’s.  We will see how everything gets all worked out.

Jacob froze ALMOST to death at a scout camp in Bethune, Colorado.  I didn’t see him from Friday morning until Saturday at 11:00pm  I sure missed him and worried about him. 

Jacob Camporee Bethune

Nathan, Kaylee, and Rebecca each had two soccer games this week.  They are so fun to watch because they are so aggressive.  I think part of it is due to the fact that they are constantly playing against each other.  Kaylee’s coach talked to me after her Saturday game and told me what an incredible athlete she is.  He said that her defense skills are an entire level above the other girls.  He said that he could put Kaylee back on defense by herself and not even worry.  She totally charges up to whomever is attacking and stops them head on.  There is no waiting around with Kaylee.  Nathan had a goal in his Longmont game.  Speaking of Longmont, I sent Stephen 1 1/2 hours up there and stayed here for the girls’ games thinking that I was getting the better deal.  Well, the weather in Longmont was gorgeous and the weather down here was in the upper 30’s with a humid mist.  Mix Ashley and Jerrica crawling all over me cold and wet – it wasn’t very fun!  Here’s a photo from Kaylee’s game last weekend. 

Kaylee Soccer

On to the little girls, they keep me soo busy!  I think it’s worse now that Jerrica plays with Ashley.  They just make mess after mess.  I did take them to Pump It Up on Wednesday.  Jerrica pushed her favorite stuffed frog around in their little push cars.  We had met Kelly and Landon there.  Ashley loves Landon and all of his energy and I love talking with Kelly.  Here is a picture of them, notice how red in the face they are from their jumping and running. 

Pump It Up

Now on to a new week with more adventures!

3 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i love it! you do have quite a little athlete there! we're soccer fans. still looking for a good team out here. usually jace ends up coaching in order to have them on a good team! sorry about the cold weather though!
congrats to steve! that does mean alot of meetings but he'll do great i'm sure! have they released you yet or are you just on hold?

Trinette McCrary said...

It is always hard when the ward splits. That is wonderful your husband will be serving as exec. sec. I'm hoping for good weather this weekend. Spring sports can been a bummer because of the darn weather.

T.Irwin said...

The picture of Kaylee is great! I love that she's not afraid to play.