Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Slab Project

My parents came up this last weekend.  Mom can never sit still and loves to work outside. SO, we did quite a few yard projects.  She had brought up seven more tomato plants.  I already had 10 planted, so that brings us to a total of 17 plants!  Last year we had a lot of tomatoes with just six plants, but not enough to can any salsa or spaghetti sauce.  Hopefully with this many I will have plenty to can with.  Anyway, we planted the extra ones she brought up and then a few other plants here and there.

Dad rotatilled, Jacob weeded, I mowed the lawn, mom just stayed busy raking, and then we were done and it was only noon.  That’s when we decided to put in a walking path with those giant stone slabs from Pioneer.  Yes I mean “giant”.  It took all three of us to lift them.  Stephen arrived home from Denver just in time to help us do the LAST one.  We still need to fill in the sand/rock filler in between each slab and on the sides of them.  Maybe I’ll have Steve do that.  No, I enjoy working outside too much.  I better finish off the project. 

Slab

I’m just excited to have a nice pathway to the sand/swings and then off to the trampoline.  No more stickers in little girls bare feet! 

2 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

it looks so nice! i can't believe how much space you guys have out there!

T.Irwin said...

Fantastic!

I'm getting ready to tear up my back yard and put in a fence and then a dog run.

I'm hoping to also tear down a room that was built onto the side of my garage that I don't like and put in a little patio.

Wanna help? LOL!