Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Shhhh… Don’t Tell

I have been doing a freezer group with five other friends, each from a different Ward. They all happen to be gourmet chefs and make the most amazing dinners. I just am crossing my fingers, and hoping that they won’t kick me out of the group because I AM NOT a gourmet chef. So please do not pass this along to them, I really want to keep getting their meals. Today we exchanged.

I’m grateful that a sweet friend let me do this with her. And love how she set it up! We don’t all do soup one month and then casseroles the next. (My family would be sick of what ever the food was for the month) Instead she set up a rotating schedule, where one does soup, another dessert, chicken dish, beef dish and then casserole. Then we just rotate the next month and so forth.

Freezer Meals

I LOVE having these in my freezer as yummy back up meals for those crazy nights (pretty much EVERY night). I want to save them, yet I can’t wait to eat them!

3 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i love it! ashli used to do freezer meals and still does the once a month cooking! i've got to start it up again...during the summer there's just not enough time to cook for long hours to have the yummy food we want to eat!

Becki Madsen said...

Ok Shauna-you are probably the most gourmet of us all. It has been fun and the food SOOO yummy! We ate all of your cookies yesterday, so much for freezing them. They were just TOO good!

T.Irwin said...

ooooo...love it. What a great way to have a good dinner. I find that we end up resorting to a lot of the same dinners unless I plan ahead, but that doesn't happen as often as it probably should.