Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Free Manure, I mean EXPENSIVE Manure

Llama manure is perfect for compost on gardens. You can put it directly on little plants and it won’t burn them. I decided that I needed to put a little here and there in our yard. Well, there was a place in the forest that had FREE llama manure. Free is always a key word with Stephen. So he took a break and we went and got some. It was fun for the two little girls to see the llamas. The lady also had a four day old baby goat that the girls got to hold. All was good, right?!?

NOT!!! On our way home Stephen got stopped by a cop for speeding. AUGGGG!!! I told the cop that I had made Stephen come with me to pick up free manure and now it was turning out to be very expensive. He came back and told us he made the manure as cheap as he could reducing the ticket from $150 to $60. Uh, couldn’t he have just given us a warning and let the manure be free again!!!!

Oh life! I spent the rest of the day digging and mixing it around all of our trees and bushes. As I was doing it I thought of this manure analogy and have to share it on my manure post because chances are I probably won’t have another manure post.

“On my way to visit the Jameses the other evening, I saw a wheat field that appeared to be greener and taller than the others. Thinking about it for awhile, I concluded that occasionally some loving farmer drives over the field with his tractor and pumps manure all over it. I thought, ‘My, it’s just like life. Here we are minding our own business, growing our little hearts out. We’re really quite green somewhat productive and very sincere. When out of the blue, life deals us a dirty one, and we’re up to our eyebrows in manure. We, of course, conclude that life as we have known it has just ended and will never be the same again. But one day, when the smell and the shock are gone, we find ourselves greener and more productive than we have been.’ Unfortunately, no matter how often we go through these growing experiences, we are never able to appreciate the sound of the tractor or the smell of the manure.”

Harold W. Wood

Learn a lesson from me, when you are going to get free manure, make sure it is free by driving slowly!

3 comments:

Doug and Bethany said...

I love your background! You are more than welcome to use the same as mine! Your blog is always so cute and fun to read. You have such a cute family!I hope I can be as fun a mom as you are!

Unknown said...

Thank you Bethany! Make sure Doug reads the manure analogy. He was around enough of it as a kid working with his dad.

And I'm sure you will be a much better mom than I am. Are you two just sooo excited for your new one to get here?!?

T.Irwin said...

LOL!

I love it! Too funny: "He came back and told us he made the manure as cheap as he could reducing the ticket from $150 to $60. Uh, couldn’t he have just given us a warning and let the manure be free again!!!!"
ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm still laughing....okay, it's 5:50 in the morning and I've been up all night, so it's really funny to me.