Thursday, May 28, 2009

School is OUT!!!

I can’t believe how fast this year just flew by!!!  My kids have been sad that school is almost over, which made me sad that they were sad to be with me for the summer.  So for their last day of school I had a little sand pail waiting for them when they got home from school to get them excited for summer.  I filled them with a new flashlight for our camping trips, water balloons for the many water fights, movie coupons, candy, pop…and other fun things.  I also gave them a special card that Stephen and I had both signed that recapped their year of what made us proud of them.

May 2009 396

And do you know what got the most comments from the kids … the cards.  They kept reading them and talking about different things that we had written to them.  Alesha had given me the idea last year to get these cards.  She had pointed out how you can order free cards from Shutterfly.  I was like great, but why would I want cards.  Then she showed me the beauty of putting pictures of the kids on them to give to them.  I couldn’t pass up that cute idea along with them being free.  So, every time I get the free cards email from Shutterfly I get them to have for special occasions like this. 

May 2009 399

Now to keep them busy and excited about summer!

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Shauna, this is such a fun idea! I love it!

Mom said...

What fun ideas to do!!! I don't know how you girls keep coming up with all these great ideas, and then have time to do them!

Anna Linnea said...

You are super Mom! What a great idea!

Doug and Bethany said...

Shauna,
This is Doug here, We changed our background so you aren't copying us anymore. haha just joking. We sure do enjoy your blog. You are a great mom. By the way I'm out of school, can you send me a pail with treats and what not. Thanks i'll be awaiting it in the mail. We might be in colorado the month of july, so hopefully we can visit each other.