Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reading Books

I love to read!!! I love to read by myself and then I love to read to the kids. I kind of really get into the expression and voice when I read out loud. I always tell Stephen that I need to work for a books on tape company and be their audio.
I try to read to the little girls in the afternoon. Jerrica amazes me how she will sit and just listen. Some of my kids (AKA - ADHD - Ashley) has a harder time. I think it's fun how each one has a different favorite picture book that they love hearing. Then we have the family classics that every one of my kids have enjoyed. I think I need to make a list of our favorites just to have.

At nights, after the older ones read I like to read outloud a family chapter book to them. We have read Hatchet, From the Mixed Up Files ....once again I should make a list of our favorites. I love when we are reading a fun book and HATE when it's over and we have to find another good one because sometimes that can be VERY hard. We need another good one right now. Does anyone have a favorite that their family enjoyed?

Of course I get very tired as I sit down and read. Do the kids? Just take a look at the above picture from today's little reading session. Yes the tickling started as soon as I put the books down and got the camera out. Anway, let me know some of your favorite books and I will post our family's lists.

1 comment:

tren said...

I love their outfits!
Have you read Call It Courage or Adam of the Road? Those are ones I enjoyed that would be good family chapter books. The boys would especially like them, I think. I look forward to seeing your lists!