Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kaylee's Baptism

I can't believe my little Kaylee is 8 and old enough to be baptized. What a special time for her! We did a little photo shoot and then sent out invitations. The following photo is my favorite of her because it captures a little bit of her personality. I ended up using it as the photo for the centerpiece at her baptism. I forgot to take a picture of her beautiful flowers, scriptures, and photo that we had setting on the table at the baptism, so we set it up for the luncheon and I took a picture that's posted below.


Here is a photo of Kaylee before we went to sit in the chapel. I talked to her a little about the symbolism of water and reflection. She was so nervous.

Kaylee's dad baptized her. How blessed we are to have a worthy Priesthood holder for our little family!



Kaylee had a lot of family and friends come to her baptism and I'm so mad that I didn't get pictures of them. So instead of a photo of Kaylee in her beautiful baptism dress with her grandpa and grandma Thompson, I have her here tonight in PJ's with them. I did make a list of all of those who attended. Both sets of grandparents were there, and I'm making them write their testimonies to put in Kaylee's baptism book with hers.

Aunt Kathy put her name on a white towel that she used on her special day. I'm hoping that she will think of the day she was baptized every time she uses it. I just love little reminders! She also took her stuff in the rainbow bag after the primary song, "I like to look at Rainbows ..." We gave her scriptures with her name, the Thompson's have always given our kids a homemade "Be" plaque that the kids put up in their rooms, and the Coley grandparents have always given the kids a journal. She did get a lot of other neat gifts from family and friends. Once again I feel that each of them are special reminders of her day.

Here is another photo of us with our Kaylee girl. I'm just so proud of what a beautiful little girl she is!

3 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Shauna,
You are so clever! I love all the ideas you did for Kaylee.

Love Ya,
Kris

Mom said...

I love your blog Shauna! Congratulations Kaylee!

Becki Madsen said...

So cute! I am so sorry we couldn't make it, I hope it was wonderful! I love the pictures of the sledding, you are quite the photographer!