Thursday, March 19, 2009

Clay Poem

Tonight we had Stake Auxillary Training meeting. I always enjoy meetings that I can go to WITH Stephen, even though we broke off into our various auxillaries. In the YW meeting they talked about molds, clay and the finished product. I love the arts including poetry and was touched by the following poem. I had to share it because it is so true.

Clay

I took a piece of plastic clay

And Idly fashioned it one day.
And as my fingers pressed it still,

It moved and yielded to my will.
I came again when days had passed,

This bit of clay was hard at last.
The form I gave it, still it bore

But I could change it never more.
I took a piece of living clay,

And gently formed it day by day.
I molded it with power and art.

It was a child’s soft and tender heart.
I came again when years had gone:

It was a man I looked upon.
He still that early impact bore

And I could change it never more.
-Billie C. Dunston-Hill

Little by little I am molding my own children, and I know that there will come a time when the molding is not taken as easily as it is now. I think that is going to be difficult for me. However, I am thankful for the time that I have been given today. I'm also grateful for their many other teachers, grandparents, and coaches that help in this molding process.

1 comment:

Trinette McCrary said...

I love your blog!! I found it through Becki. I hope you don't mind