Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kaylee's 8th Art Birthday Party

Our little Kaylee Girl turned 8.


She wanted the 8 girls from her class and then her soccer team to come to her party. They ALL RSVP'ed so we had quite a crowd. It was an art theme. I set up a connected maze of tables and chairs so that they were all kind of sitting together down in the basement. We made tote bags. I bought the fabric Crayola crayons and had them color on plain paper and then we ironed their pictures onto their bags. It was interesting to see how different the pictures were. We also did furry eyed pencils. The girls played pictionary ( an art game). Thanks for the idea Tanya. I also had them go on an art treasure hunt.


The cake was also an art cake. I had framed Kaylee's self-portrait that she had made and set it on a little easel. Then I put mini paint sets in each cupcake and had them circling the cake.

Kaylee had asked for a real pig for her birthday. I told her that would not be happening, but her dear cousin Shelby gave her a Webkinz pig, which in her eyes was almost as good as a real one. She named her Peggy the Pig. I actually had a real runt pig when I was her age given to me from Uncle Warren. I think I only had it for a couple of months, but can still remember rubbing baby powder on it. Anyway, Kaylee's other favorite gifts were a sketch pad, stuffed fashion pug dog, and fancy baptism dress (she better say that one because that is one from me). She also got a lot of fun projects to work on and then $90 in gift cards and money.

We also had 7 games on this Saturday. The four older kids had basketball and then the three that are in soccer had soccer games as well. One game was in Denver. Thanks for taking hime Kris!! How was it all possible?!? - many incredible friends, sisters, husband, Kaylee's siblings and my mom. A big thanks to each of you for all of your help!!!

1 comment:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Shauna that was a FUN party! You did a great job. I love the group picture!