Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Getaway

We went to my parent’s house for the weekend.  We did a couple of projects for them.  She stuffed our van full of goodies and harvest from her garden.

The boys went to the Priesthood session and out to dinner.

Conference 

The girls went over with me to Annie’s, to do a little photo shoot, AND then out for an ice cream treat.  I loved this photo of the girls with my mom. 

Grammy

We took a ton of pictures because Annie has so many fun spots for photos.  I have to share just a couple so that you can see the various places…

Jerra Fall16Reed0 Reed9(4x6)I see Annie’s little ranch that her kids can roam and explore.  I see my mom’s big, landscaped yard, and it just depressing me when I come home and see MY yard!  It was fun to enjoy THEIR yards though.

Jake 

The little girls love grandma’s toys and stories.  The big girls love to monopolize her office and create a pretend “hotel”.  They love typing on a spreadsheet, calling on the multi-button phone, punching room cards, and just acting like they own a hotel.  Kaylee says that someday she WILL run a hotel as a side business.

 Office

Jacob also worked on a school project while we were down there.  He has to make a video of Niger and wanted to film a little skit in front of the sand dunes.  He had quite the accent going on.

Project

I am SOOO sad though!  Our house is now empty and quiet, since the two little girls stayed with my parents.  I keep calling them every hour, but they are having a ball with all of the attention and activities my mom has for them.  I’m glad they will be coming home soon though…

Grandma's

Thanks for making memories with them mom and dad!  AND thanks for the beautiful Fall/Conference weekend!

1 comment:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Mom and Dad look so cute in the last picture!! Annie's kids are getting so big! Once again I LOVE all your photos! :)