Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bumps, Rough Roads and Curves

We went on a bike ride during Fall Break.  It was on a little dirt trail.  As we rode our bikes a train whistled by.  It was loud and awesome.

Bike Ride

As we went down the trail there were signs warning of bumps or rough spots ahead.  Sure enough, just after a sign we would find a big bump in the trail.  Because of the sign, we were warned and had prepared for it by slowing down.

I wish life had signs warning of bumps, curves or rough roads ahead.  Then we too could slow down and prepare for them.  I feel like sometimes I am going full speed when I hit a bump, and then the fall is a hard one.  Sometimes in life there is just nothing to prepare you for what is ahead.  We can strengthen ourselves so that we are strong enough to endure the rough road and bumps.  Sometimes I wonder though, if I am strong enough to endure them.

I talked with some of the kids as we rode about this. We talked about how even though we don’t have signs popping up to warn us of upcoming things in our life, we do have plenty of warnings from parents and teachers.

I still want a little life sign to pop up and warn me.  :)

No comments: