Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random Week Post

Fall is a busy time for photo shoots.  I really do enjoy doing them and meeting people.  Two of the families this week had A LOT of boys.  Each session made me sad that my boys are older.  Why do kids have to grow up?!?!

@ @@

@ @@

Stephen and I had a couple of dates this week, since we didn’t have the little girls at home.  One of which was to see “Money Ball”.  I’m always a sucker for a sports movie. 

image

I think it would be sad to be traded and switched around on teams in a blink of an eye.  I would be so sad to leave teammates, and to change cities.  I guess it’s all of that money that makes it easier for them to be traded around.

My parents came up during the week and brought the little girls.  As always they did a ton of little projects around my yard and house that made such a difference.  I always get sad when they leave.  Sure wish they lived even closer.  Thanks for all of the help mom and dad!

 

I’m loving Fall with all of the decor and warm foods.  It’s the time of year that soups are simmering and desserts are baking.  The girls and I tried this recipe this week.  The entire family declared the cookies as divine, and thus we added it to our family recipes.

Cookies

HERE is the recipe for the cookies.

We also had to bring in all of our harvest because snow fell on Saturday.  It's fun to see how much we have grown in our garden.  We grew five nice pumpkins this year, and my mom brought up a couple more from her garden.

I like planting them around my big rock in the backyard mixed in with my flowers.  Then in the Fall we can see them out our big window, growing and turning orange.  This one was our biggest pumpkin that we grew this year.  It really is a pretty pumpkin.

 Our Pumpkin 

Ash is claiming it, since she “watered and talked to it this summer”. 

And that sums up last week, on to a new week…..

1 comment:

Km said...

What a wonderful week!! Several dates with your hubs.... That is so awesome! All of your pics are gorgeous. :)