Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jerrica’s Birthday

We have a family tradition that we decorate the living room with streamers and balloons the night before the birthday.  That way, the birthday person awakes to their special day!  Last night we decorated even though Jerrica wasn’t here.  I told the kids tradition is tradition, and we have no idea when she will be coming tomorrow.

Well, someone got home just in time to celebrate this afternoon.  Oh how I have missed this girl!

Jerra

Ashley had made quite a fancy poster at grandma’s to help decorate for her birthday.  It was complete with streamers AND the ladybug cake that had been requested.

Birthday Picture

She received a lot of fun presents.  Her two requests though, were sticker books and more “Peely Pockets”.  She has always called them “Peely”, and when her older sisters try to correct her, she corrects THEM by saying “their clothes PEEL off”.

Pollys2

She also requested a Ladybug birthday cake.  I did another “Shauna cake” using Oreos and a big 12 inch pan.  I couldn’t figure out what to do for a nose, until I saw the bowl of candy corns sitting there.  We do have fun making the birthday cakes!

Cake Cake2

I can’t believe my baby is FOUR!  She is such a sweet girl with those huge, innocent eyes.  She loves to read and tell stories.  She loves doing projects.  Cereal is a must for her EVERY morning, even before hot breakfasts.  She is getting good on her bike, and loves to practice tricks on the tramp.  She also loves the kitty.  Hours are spent outside holding it, while repeating a story to it.  She is just such a SWEET girl!

 Jerra Cake Jerra Cake2   

Happy Birthday Jerrica!  We LOVE you!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Love the ladybug cake and was thinking of one for my little girls birthday. What did you use for the head?

Unknown said...

Kim, I just baked some of the batter in a small pyrex bowl. It was perfect for the dimension.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Jerrica is so cute!!! I can't believe she is 4 already!

Km said...

Happy bday to your little sweetheart. She is just precious! Her cake is adorable!!!

T.Irwin said...

Cute cake! And, as usual, the pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, in my search for a ladybug cake your blog came up! Yours is the best I've seen which does not use fondant. Is there any chance you might email me how you made it? I am pregnant with our fifth due in a couple weeks and have limited energy but think I may be able to do this? :) juliebellig@gmail.com THANK YOU!!!!!