Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sewing

This is the time of year that instead of working in the yard or garden, I’m inside sewing.  I LOVE to sew!  I try really hard to give as many homemade Christmas gifts that I can.  My kids always get at least one from me that is homemade.

Today I made Rebecca a new church bag.  She was having a hard time fitting her scriptures AND journal AND mini hymn book in her old bag.  I saw this fabric and it was just soooo Rebecca, and now it is Rebecca’s bag….

Bag

I put a little pocket on the inside to hold her mini hymn book and two slots for pencils.

 Bag2

It was quick and fun to make.  She also likes to keep our little Mormonad Booklet in her bag.  SO, I just ordered all of the postcard sets to make her, HER very own booklet.  My kids have so enjoyed this little booklet over the years.  Little do they know they are learning valuable messages as they look through it. :)

 image image

My other sewing project today was an ipod cover.  I just used soft fleece to make the cover and then couldn’t resist adding a fun face on the outside. 

Ipod

I need to pick up an ipod apps gift card to slip inside the soft case.

My last sewing project was Ashley’s Halloween costume.  I LOVE how it turned out!  I’m excited for her to wear it.  She is going to be Little Red Riding Hood.  She told me that she “wants” to wear Jacob’s wolf mask under her cloak.  Uh NO…. can’t she just be a regular, cute, little girl?!?!

5 comments:

Angie White said...

http://www.theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2372%3Amormonad-booklet&catid=39&Itemid=62

This link is to the Idea Door, where she made a file download of 116 Mormonads in 4x6 format to send to a print shop. I saw your post and thought of this, just thought I'd share. :)

Mom charla said...

Nice job on your sewing projects! Please tell me I was the one who taught you how to sew & not Janeen Canty (Home Ec. teacher)

Sarah said...

Where did you purchase the set of postcards? I'd love to make a book for my kids but would rather buy a set of postcards than print them all.

Unknown said...

Sarah, that is exactly where I ordered them. Good luck on your project!

just jayma said...

Darling bag!! Did you make your own pattern? It is perfect!!