Sunday, October 9, 2011

Basketball Camp

The four older kids did a basketball camp Saturday.  I reminded them what a wonderful sport basketball is because even though it is blizzarding outside, you are STILL able to play basketball.  The camp was fun, according to the kids.  The boys enjoyed being with their friends.

Kaylee won the shooting game for the 5th and 6th graders.  I thought it was just out of the girls, but Rebecca quickly filled me in that Kaylee had beat out all of the boys as well.  She is such a good little basketball player.  Why can’t she like basketball more, so that we can quit this soccer thing?!?

I did get her to take a picture for me with the little ball she won.  The girl can’t pose without talking, and she just can’t hold still.  She makes me laugh as she is doing her “THING”, and I can’t hold the camera still, thus total Kaylee pictures….

Kaylee Basketbal2l Kaylee Basketbal3l Kaylee Basketball

Coaches and parents praised her on Saturday.   She IS really good, and basketball being MY favorite sport, I could only hope that she too would enjoy it.  I asked Kaylee this afternoon, “Don’t you like basketball more than soccer?”  She replied, “If I had a choice between going to a soccer game or a basketball game, I would choose soccer, EVEN if the game was in a blizzard like today”  :(

I guess I will have to start working on basketball with my three youngest!

1 comment:

just jayma said...

The 2nd pic you posted? TOTAL poster shot! LOL Perfect! I'm with you on the basketball thing, it's my favorite sport too.