Thursday, September 15, 2011

Random

We planted 12 tomato plants in the Spring.  We are now reaping the rewards.  The little girls like to pick the red ones with me.  Today as we were filling the bucket Ashley said, “this is like playing hide and seek with the tomatoes”.

GardenED

I LOVE pinterest and have been trying quite a few recipes that I have been pinning.  We LOVEd this one.  There is just something about it, maybe its in the sauce.  :)  Anyway, the recipe is from the Girl who Ate Everything.  HERE is the link to the recipe and below is her picture.  They really are yummy!!!

image

Then I wanted to share this post about husbands.  Have I said how much I adore my Stephen?  I do.  He is amazing.  He is sooo good to help the kids and I.  I can’t even begin to tell you how much he does around here, but sometimes I take it all for granted.  Sometimes I don’t put him first like I should.   Anyway, I just loved Shawni’s thoughts that she shared a few weeks ago on her blog.  I loved this part, “I guess the thing I do more than anything else to put my husband first is that I put him first in my thoughts. Every time I say a personal prayer he is always the first person/thing I pray about”  She shares so many other great ideas and thoughts.  Go over and read her post HERE.

Then to answer questions about “Mommy School”.  It is pretty much just a very conscience effort to spend time with Jerrica.  If I don’t, the day just flies by cleaning, cooking and doing projects without that one on one time with her.  I don’t have lesson plans or a book I go by.  I just spend time with her.  It might be riding our bikes to the mailbox, coloring pictures together, playing Polly Pockets….  This week we used painter’s tape to make a “J” for Jerrica.  Then we finger painted all over the poster board, and peeled the tape off to reveal the “J”.  Jerra was thrilled to show her siblings the masterpiece when they got home.

J 

We do have fun…

Puzzle2 Puzzle

2 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Jerrica is so cute!! She has such a sweet personality.

Valeri said...

Wonderful pictures, as always. Is your Pinterest public? I'd love to follow you!