Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mom and ME Journal

Jacob will send me texts.  Kaylee sends me the sweetest emails.  Nathan is not about to write a note, but will talk nonstop any chance he gets.  As soon as he gets in the van to go to a practice he is talking the entire time about every detail of the day.  Each of my kids are different in how they communicate.

When I saw this idea HERE on Mama Jenn’s blog, I knew that it was totally Rebecca’s form of communication.  The girl is ALWAYS writing in her journal.  She also loves to write stories.  SOOO I knew this would be a hit with her and it has been.  This is the journal we made and SHARE with each other.

Mom & Me

Rebecca will date a page and write a note about absolutely anything, and then leave the journal on my pillow.  I then can answer her and leave it on her pillow.  Sometimes weeks may go by without writing, but something will trigger a thought and the journal comes out.  Last Saturday Rebecca had a great game, and I couldn’t resist commenting on parts of the game that stood out to me.  Well, then she wanted me to recount a game when I was a little girl and why I remembered it.

Quotes are shared, date nights are planned, and sweet feelings are penned.   The book is already a treasure! 

2 comments:

Danen & Brittany Johanson said...

I think I will do 4 of them!!! What a GREAT idea!!!!! I want each of my kids to have one... You are AMAZING Shauna!!!! Love ya!!!

Danen & Brittany Johanson said...

I just finished making 8 of them!! 4 with Mama & Me and 4 with Papa & Me. I thought Danen should join in the fun :) I will let you know how they work out. The kids were WAY excited!! Thx for your MANY MANY great ideas!!!!