Friday, September 9, 2011

Magnet Necklaces

So I saw this idea on Pinterest and LOVEd how clever it was.  The idea was from A Creative Princess blog found HERE   The post has a little tutorial.  I think it caught my eye because my girls have really enjoyed bottle cap necklaces and how you can switch them out.

SO, I went to Target’s dollar section to pick up some of the magnets.  I also saw cute little candy tins that I thought would be perfect to keep all of the extra magnets. 

Necklace

As I was there, I was starting to think about all of the upcoming birthday parties my girls were invited to.  SOOO I grabbed extra, grabbed some of their cloth recycle bags that were ALSO matching this candy line, grabbed some actual candy to stick in with the magnet necklace tins, and I had a cheap, cute gift.

Necklace2

One gift was already given tonight and was a big hit.  I love the fact that you can attach any type of magnet.  Now I’m going to keep my eyes open for other fun magnets, maybe some holiday ones.

All of the supplies for my gifts came from Target’s dollar section except for the necklace bases which were from Hobby Lobby.  They just so happened to be on sale this week and were only $1.50 for a pack of four. They also had necklace chains for a $1.  The washers I already had here.  The washers are what you glue to the necklace base to make the magnets “stick”.

Necklace3

ANYWAY, just wanted to share since Christmas is around the corner….

2 comments:

h2la said...

What a VERY cute idea!! You are AMAZING!!! I'm sure we can use this for Christmas ideas...THANKS!!!

tren said...

I LOVE it! Thanks for the idea :0)