Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cowgirl Day

Ashley had her first dress up day for Kindergarten.  She was soooo excited.  The night before she kept begging Jerrica to go to bed so that Cowgirl day would hurry and get here.  They have been studying Colorado and the exploration of Colorado.  It’s cute how proud Ashley is of our beautiful state. 

Anyway, Ash couldn’t decide whether to bring her stick horse, guitar or gun.  I kept reminding her that the gun was NOT an option to take to school.  Yet, she kept begging to take it.  Needless to say, I won the battle and she took the stick horse.

Cowgirl Cowgirl2ED Cowgirl3 Cowgirl4 Cowgirl5 Cowgirl6

They played games like snake in my boots and lassoed an “almost real” cow, as Ashley put it.  I really don’t know what an “almost real” cow would be like.  They had stick horse races.  Ashley told me that she raced on her own horse that she brought, which raced just like Secretariat.  They ate baked beans and hot dogs.

She LOVED her day and came home sad that she couldn’t be a “real” cowgirl.  I truly believe that Ash could’ve been an outlaw in the old west.  She scares ME!

No comments: