Friday, September 16, 2011

Back and Butterfly

Today was such a long day.  I tweaked my back earlier this week playing basketball and it seems like it’s just getting worse.  :(

I got up canned some pints of stewed tomatoes, then went back to lay on my heating pad.  Got up to work on laundry, then went back to the heating pad.  Got back up to make an apple cobbler that I was craving, then back to the heating pad.  By the time afternoon hit, I gave up on getting up! 

The little girls brought their coloring books into my room and we had a coloring party.  Ashley reminded me that she is ALWAYS giving me pictures and that I don’t really ever color pictures for her.  Rebecca then climbed up and we read together.  Nathan then came in to give me a play by play of his soccer throw in progress.  He is trying to learn how to do a flip throw in, and about broke my TV trying to show me.  I then realized that I didn’t HAVE to be up and going to be involved with the day.  It is just SO hard to sit there knowing all that needs to be done.

ANYWAY, a butterfly hatched and so I snuck away from the heating pad to see the awe in my girls faces as they let him go.

Butterfly Butterfly2 Butterfly3 Butterfly4 Butterfly5Ed

It kept flying on to Jerrica’s dress.  She would giggle and proclaim that “He likes ME”

 Butterfly6 Butterfly7 Butterfly8 Sure hope that I’m “back” to normal tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Kari said...

Wow, these are such FANTASTIC photographs. I love butterflies, and the expressions on your girls' faces are just so sweet.

:)

p.s. I'm a sucker for good puns, so I just adore your last sentence ;)

Juf said...

Ugh, hope your back's feeling better soon. I don't know about you, but I don't quite appreciate the blessing of being able to move and function normally until something like that happens.
Jacqueline

Km said...

Soooo awesome!! I hope your back is all better now!