Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Heart Atlas

It is time to celebrate yet another anniversary with Stephen.  I am so lucky to have him for my husband.  I can’t even begin to tell you how good he is to me.

ANYWAY, wanted to make something for him.  I had seen this idea in a Pottery Barn catalog a couple of years ago.  I bought an atlas at Target, and along with my world map, I went to town cutting out hearts.  I wanted to cut out a heart in Europe or one from Mexico or Australia or South Africa, but alas we haven’t been there YET.

I did manage to cut out places that are special to us and bring back memories.  It seems like just yesterday we were on the Oregon coast relaxing on our honeymoon or over in Singapore with Stephen’s work.  I was happy then, and am just as happy now six kids later here in Colorado Springs.  Each of these places are a part of us.

Heart Frame2

The frame is a big 11 x 14.  Although, I’m hoping to add to my collection of hearts, (hint hint…Stephen)  I also put foam board behind each heart to give it some dimension.

BTW, I think this would make such a fun piece of artwork for a military family that has been stationed all over the world.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE this idea. Thank you. My anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks and I've been trying to find something meaningful to give my hubby. I'm going to copy you; I hope you don't mind:) Thanks for sharing.

Sonja said...

I love this idea as well! (Pottery Barn prices might be pricey, but their ideas are priceless!) Our anniversary is in 1 month, and this might be the top of the list. Plus we're a military family so this is awesome! Thanks for the great idea! :)

Alayna's Creations said...

cute! I've been seeing this type of heart/map project a handful of times this week and I'm in love. I'm pretty sure I don't want to wait until our anniversary in May to make one!

Valeri said...

Love it. I came across something similar just a couple days ago: http://pinterest.com/pin/104530879/. You're so creative! Happy Anniversary!