Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sanford Basketball

I grew up in a small town and basketball was BIG.  This weekend the girls team played in the state championship.  We met my parents for the Friday night game.  It was so fun to see all of the town there cheering on the girls.  I LOVE how small towns get behind their teams.  It is just neat to see that unity of a community. 

My cousin Doug's daughter plays on the team and is just amazing!  She is so small, but oh so good.  She can hit three pointers with ease and doesn't hesitate to drive on anyone.  I was really glad that Kaylee could watch her play because Kaylee is so small, yet has that same fire as Tori.

The coach's daughter also plays on the team and I loved seeing this picture of the two of them in the Pueblo Chieftain this morning.  The emotion in the picture is awesome....

image

Playoffs are so fun to watch.  It would have been fun to just stay there and watch the other games with Stephen and my parents, yet the little girls reminded me that they were there too.  Thanks for inviting us mom AND for getting the tickets!  I'm glad you enjoy basketball as much as I do!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I recently started following your adorable blog after seeing some of the cute things you have made being featured on another blog. My husband's father grew up in Sanford and still has lots of family that lives there. What a small world!