Sunday, March 13, 2011

PJ Pizza Party

This week I was consumed with getting ready for Kaylee's birthday party.  We do every other year friend parties and this was a friend party year for Kaylee.  We invited 14 girlfriends from school, soccer, and church.  13 girls came!

^

My sisters had made PJ pants for birthday parties before, and I thought if they can do it, I can do it too.  It was tricky finding that much flannel at a good price.  I needed two bolts and usually you only see part of a bolt of fabric for sale.  I finished everything on them except for the elastic and hem.  As the girls arrived we measured waists and length, AND then sweet friends of mine helped finish them at the start of the party.

Kaylee Bday4

I let them make t-shirts to go with their pants with fabric markers.  They LOVED drawing and writing all over them.  We also played games, ate pizza, and had our own little spa.  I had washcloths that we wet and heated in the oven to steam the girls' faces.  There were also face masks.  We then all did fingernails.  I had lots of different polish and then decal stickers that they could choose from.  I wish the picture wasn't so bright and you could see the decals on the top tier of the nail polish.  They were really fun fingernail decals.  I also had Skittle lip gloss for each girl.

Kaylee Bday3

We also spent time playing in the paraffin wax.

Kaylee Bday

Kaylee Bday5

I really wanted to play with fondant and make this cake.  I gathered Polly Pocket accessories from our basket to use.  I even bought those new jumbo marshmallows to cut in half for the pillows.  BUT Kaylee wanted her favorite layered dessert cake and you can't argue with the birthday girl.  It was probably better that way because we had so many games to run around to on Saturday that I would have ran out of time.  I do believe I WILL file the cake idea away to try for Becca's birthday...(The idea is from Cake Central)

normal_1267371709

Kaylee has so many sweet friends.  I am grateful for each of them and how happy they make Kaylee in their own way.  This is a picture of two friends from school and yes that would be my Kaylee that can't make a normal expression, trying to be funny!

Kaylee Bday2 Kaylee Bday6

It really was a fun night and there is NO way I could have done it without MY friends that helped, AKA- Kim, Angie, Heidi and good ol' Stever!  Thank You!

3 comments:

Raelyn said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny. My daughter, who is turning 5 on Friday, is having a PJ party too. Totally different as there is such an age difference...but...
Everyone I talk to thinks it is the cutest idea. Love yours! Looks like the girls had an amazing time!

T.Irwin said...

okay! so in love with that cake!!! Seriously!?!?!?! You are amazing!!!

I can't wait to see you in the fall and talk and play and meet your adorable family!

Km said...

What a celebration!!!!!!! Your sis was so awesome to make matching pjs for all the girls! Wowwe! Let's have a big girl bloggy pj party!!!!