Sunday, March 27, 2011

Puff Paint

The girls and friends tried a little puff painting.  They made it, mixed it, painted it and microwaved it.  You take 1 Tbs of salt and 1 Tbs of flour and mix that with a little water to make a paste.  Then put in drops of food coloring to make the colors.  The muffin tin looked so pretty after they finished their concoctions.

Puff Paint

They painted with Q-tips.  When they finished they would stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds.  That puffs it and dries it.

Kaylee's friend Analise had painted clouds and a sun.  The puff paint was perfect for the dimension of those clouds.

Puff Paint2 Ashley did fun raindrops on hers that looked good with the puff paint.

I was trying to find where I found this, but can't remember, its somewhere out there in a kids' craft blog. 

3 comments:

Melissa Basua said...

Time to come clean! I am a blog stalker! I stumbled on your blog months and months ago and have loved it ever since. I check it regularly and LOVE all the ideas you have and have used many on them with my kids!!! Thank you for being such a fun Mom and an inspiration to me!!

By the way, I love this idea and can't wait to do it with my kids during our spring break in two weeks!!

Jaymerz said...

I love this idea, and my kids love art. We are going to try this. Thanks for sharing!!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

fun! thanks for sharing this idea :)