Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are You Being Mean?

The last few months Jerrica will ask, "Are you being Mean?" The question is usually a result of someone being a little tense, frustrated, or actually IS being mean.  I have gotten this question from her A LOT!  And yes, sometimes I look down at those huge eyes and tell her that I am being mean because I'm mad. 

I think it's cute how she has to ask to really know for sure how someone else is feeling.  If someone tells her that they ARE being mean, she quickly tells them to be nice and not be mean.

Today I was brushing my teeth as she was bathing and she wanted to get out of the tub.  I told her no, a little abruptly.  So of course she said, "Are you being mean, mom?"  I looked down at her ready to tell her that she was going to have to wait and to be patient, but then I saw her eyes.  I HAD to take a picture of those pleading eyes.

Jerrica Bath

And yes Jerrica, sometimes I AM being mean, BUT I always LOVE you!