Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Update

I can't believe how fast time flies.  We started the weekend by going up to Woodland Park to cut down a Christmas tree Friday afternoon, AND we won't mention the Christmas tree anymore!

Tree

We went to a live nativity and church FILLED with nativities.  Each of us had a different favorite.  Jerrica LOVES nativities and my favorite part of the night was when she was sitting on my lap watching the live nativity and turned around and said, "I LOVE this night.  Can we go again?"

NativityThe boys headed to a sleep over at the Wright's that night.  It's such a different dynamic when the boys are gone and we just have the girls.  Saturday was filled with cleaning, basketball games, play dates and a little Christmas gift making. 

On Sunday, we made our graham cracker gingerbread houses.  We do use a little Halloween candy that I stash away so that we have plenty to work with.

Gingerbread2  Gingerbread

Gingerbread3

The boys had a massive one that they worked on together.  I wish that I would've caught them laughing 'in focus', but I still love this one anyway...

Gingerbread5

Those two sat there forever unwrapping candy, decorating, and laughing.  I should get up and take a picture of their finished product BUT I am too tired!

On we go to a new week....

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

FUN! Your boys are so big!! wow... time flies

Km said...

Out of this world WONDERFUL! I'm really impressed with all your candy houses! Your kiddos are so clean and organized! They must get that from you. :)