Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Treats

It's so fun to get and make treats this time of year.  We have a lot of favorites that we make, like Aunt Kathy's toffee...

Activities3

Of course there are the sugar cookies, candy cane cookies, and any other little treat that's quick and easy.  Like these M&M treats-  You line a cookie sheet with square pretzels.  Top with a chocolate Kiss and then Bake at 170 degrees for 7 minutes.  Last but not least you top with a Christmas M&M.  Cheap -  Easy - Divine!

M&Ms7

I took four pictures of my little candy makers as I was heading out the door for Nathan's indoor game.  AND I LOVE all four of them with their series of events....

M&Ms2 M&Ms3M&Ms4 

It was all fun and games and lots of giggles until a few slid off the plate and on to the floor...

M&Ms

One of my favorite Christmas treats is a Red Velvet Christmas Cake with a pecan cream cheese frosting.  I LOVE it, Stephen doesn't and so I end up eating WAYYY to much of it.  Mom and Dad will be here tomorrow, SO maybe I can make it and have them help me eat it.

I also want to try a taffy recipe tomorrow.  Do YOU have any favorite treats that you like to make?

8 comments:

Christy said...

We like to use the pretzels to make turtles. Instead of kisses use rolos or reisens, melt in oven 3 minutes, put a pecan in the center of each and let cool. Very tasty, very affordable, very yummy.

Libby said...

Mine would be gingerbread cookies with royal icing. I was able to snare the recipe from a place where my daughter's kindergarten class went...nummy! I've been buying my royal icing and I it hasn't been very good...my cookies aren't as soft. Maybe next year I'll make it again, using those egg substitutes. This year I did mostly angels and small stars. They're about 1.5inchs high. I call it a chorus of angels when I give them out.

Hubby wants whipped shortbread. Love the pretzel thingys and the turtles Christy makes. Especially intriguing is the Rolos!

Anonymous said...

Those little M&M treats look yummy!

Rachel S. Smith said...

We love Christmas bark! You melt white chocolate add toasted coconut, toasted almond slices and craisins! Then pour in a pan and swirl a little milk chocolate and it looks like tree bark! Just cool and then break it pieces!

We also love Oreo balls. You take 1 bag oreos, crush or blend until its like sand. Mix in cream cheese, form into 1" balls and dip in melted white or milk chocolate. Serve them in mini cupcake papers. Refrigerate for storage!!! Soooo yummy!!!!

The Dixons said...

oreo cheesecake bites. choc. dipped strawberries, oranges and pretzels, cookies, etc.

Km said...

Their giggles and laughter... So beautiful! What joy! Our fave christmas treat is a simple, old fashion sugar with massive butter frosting on top!

Bonna said...

You should make Red Velvet Cake Balls Make the cake as directed, when cooled, break up and mix with 1 can of Cream Cheese frosting. Refrigerate. Roll into balls and dip in white chocolate. You could also add the nuts to the white chocolate. They are yummy, easy to share, and you don't have to feel guilty about eating the whole cake!

Mary said...

I beg you, can you please email me that Toffee recipe?? byufamily [at] gmail.com - I tried 3 toffee recipes, one of them twice, and I could never get the toffee to turn out!! Toffee is one of my favorite Christmas treats. Luckily, our caramel turned out. :) Your treats look sooo good!