Sunday, December 26, 2010

Date Basket

My mom made the cutest thing for us.  She gathered all of the kids around and told them that it wasn't fair for them to not have treats when Stephen and I go out on dates.  So she decided to make a basket of goodies for them that is ONLY to be used when we are gone.  Jacob usually babysits for us and the kids get to watch a movie while we are out.  NOW they have a special basket filled with treats to make their night fun.

Date Basket Date Basket2  

She had popcorn, mini candy bars, and these jars filled with different drink mixes.  She also stuck in a couple of movies that she knows they have never seen.  Now the kids will be just as excited as I am when I have a date night with Stephen.

Thank You MOM!!!  That was a fun idea!!!

Speaking of dates, this year Stephen was in NEED of a new wallet.  So I grabbed one for him as a Christmas gift and then decided to fill it with gift cards.  I guess you could say that it was kinda a gift for me too since I will probably be the one helping him use the gift cards....

Date Basket3

The girls and I also made Grandpa a money tree topped off with a gift card to take Grandma out.  We folded and pinned the bills to a Styrofoam tree.

Date Basket4

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Reese's? Now THAT'S a gift!

Rachel S. Smith said...

I LOVE this idea!!!! Im thikin my folks could use one of these! Love your Dad. He's so jolly and lovable!

T.Irwin said...

Love the basket and the wallet ideas!!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous post I seen because of offer it. It is really what I expected to see trust in future you will continue in sharing such a mind boggling post сизый цвет