Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tree Ornaments

I'm trying to teach my girls to sew.  AND when I saw these cute Christmas tree ornaments that have long stretches of ribbon to sew, I couldn't resist letting the girls go at it.  Kaylee did really well by herself.  Becca needed a little supervision, but she is getting there. 

The trees are filled with a plastic bag to make them nice and fat.  You can see the tutorial HERE

Sewing

We need to paint and glue the trunks tomorrow night.  I will post our finished products when we get there. 

I know it was pretty much straight lines to sew, BUT I am soooo excited that my girls can just sit down and sewwww! 

2 comments:

T.Irwin said...

I remember the first projects my mom let me sew and I still have them. She did a great job on this tree....

How fun!

kate of here we are together said...

What a great idea, & your little one looks so cute! (they always do!)

kate