Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Need to Praise

I need to praise every little thing to make them BIG things!

I took Kaylee up to a soccer camp in Monument last night.  As we were driving home she says, "Mom, I didn't know I was awesome at dribbling?!?" 

I was like "of course you are why do you say that?" 

"Well, no one has ever told me that.  Everyone always says how awesome I am at defense and how fast I am, but no one has ever told me that I am awesome at dribbling.  AND tonight Coach Shawn told me how awesome my dribbling skills are and then he told me AGAIN after our scrimmage with the big girls.  I just never knew that I was an awesome dribbler.... (and she continued rambling on in full Kaylee style)

Her skills weren't any different from the time she went IN to the clinic.  BUT her confidence and mindset were TOTALLY changed.  She came away with a new talent that she had all along, but hadn't been acknowledged by anyone.

Isn't it funny how we view ourselves different when someone compliments us on something.  Our self esteem is built up in that area .

As we drove home and Kaylee kept yakking my ear off, I was thinking of all the little things that I need to praise others on.  And how much others need to hear it, especially my kiddos!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So true! I need to remember this too. A compliment is so easy to give, free and doesn't take much time...why don't we give more of them?

Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Freddie said...

Jupp, I should mount a sign above my front door so I see it everytime I leave the house.
Somehow nicety and acknoledging other people doesn´t seem to be very high on anyones agenda anymore.
So let me start here: Shauna, I think YOU are marvellous. As a Mom, a blogger, a creative person and foremost a wonderwoman!! Thanx for being out there!