Thursday, February 26, 2009

Boys Go Snowboarding and the Girls Go Where?

Stephen took the boys up to Monarch today to enjoy the snow. Ryan and Makayla went along too. Here in Colorado all 5th graders ski FREE at any resort. It is a neat program set up by the state, and both Jacob and Makayla are in 5th grade. I think Stephen is all about taking advantage of that so that he can snowboard. Stephen is an incredible boarder! I remember going with him once and having a group of teenagers watching and talking about him in awe.



Well, of course it's not fair for the girls to just sit at home. Kristy and I did a fun project in the morning (I will have to take pictures tomorrow and post it) Then we went and got the older girls out of school. We took them to the park. They fed the ducks and played on the playground. It was another beautiful day. I love the next photo with Syd's fun expression.


Here is another fun expression on the merry go round.


I better put in a more pleasant expression of Becca.

We then headed over to Rizutos for ice cream. They have both hard and soft ice cream cones that are HUGE and soooo cheap. We got 8 cones and paid $6!!! Next we headed to the dollar theater to finish up the day.

After adding up the bills, I think the girls were quite a bit more frugal with their fun!

1 comment:

tren said...

Shauna, where is that park? I remember going with you and Alesha way back when Logan was a toddler, and I've wanted to go back, but can't quite remember where to find it. Off Garden of the Gods, maybe?