Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Beginnings

I need to mention our New Beginnings before I jump into the trip details. We had it the night before our family left for Utah. We had a sea theme. The song the girls learned had lyrics like "anchored in truth" and "no storm will drag me down".

We had the moms introduce the new beehives and give them a basket of goodies that represented their daughters. Karlene gave a good talk on Personal Progress and then Jeanette bore a sweet testimony about Personal Progress. I talked on anchors and the Bishop talked on lighthouses. We gave each of the girls a copy of the Jenny Philips CD with this year's themed songs.

On the way to the church I was practicing my talk on my kids. Kaylee and Rebecca wanted to come for New Beginnings and the boys had scouts. As I was saying my talk, Nathan told me "Mom, are you going to use that voice?" "Yeah Nathan, why do you ask?" Then he has the nerve to say, "Well, that's not really your voice. Your voice is more screamy and yelly and the voice that you are using right now is really soft and quiet." (And yes two minutes before we went up to church, I was yelling to get scout shirts on and scout books found, but HELLO I do not have a yelly voice!!!)

Anyway, the night went really well. I was sad that more of my girls weren't there. Below is a picture of the girls that did make it.

No comments: